Hull City boss Steve Bruce expects his side s 6-0 hammering of Fulham on Saturday to live in the memory for many years to come.
A goalless first half at the KC Stadium did little to hint at what would follow after the interval, Ahmed Elmohamady triggering a flurry of goals that saw Robert Koren (twice), George Boyd, Tom Huddlestone and Matty Fryatt also get in on the act.
Huddlestone s goal was his first since April 2011, while Boyd and Fryatt each secured records of having scored in each level of English league football with their first top-flight strikes to complete a feel-good outing.
After the game, the Hull boss hailed former Tottenham man Huddlestone s performance as a masterclass and called for him to be included in England s 2014 FIFA World Cup squad.
And…
Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder has revealed that he has spoken to Brighton Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton, informing him that Jack O Connell is not for sale. The 24-year-old defender has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League and more specifically with a move to the Seagulls, who are attempting to solidify their place in the Premier League this season after avoiding relegation in the 2017/18 campaign.
O Connell has been steadily improving over the last few years to the point where a handful of clubs were looking into the possibility of signing him, but it seems as if that won t be the case. The Blades surprised a lot of people in their promotion push last year, and as we look ahead to the new season, they re expected to be up there again with O Connell …
Mayor Giuseppe Sala has revealed Milan council is open to the possibility of selling San Siro to Inter and AC Milan.
The Italian giants announced in July they had taken the first steps to replacing their iconic home with a new 60,000-seater stadium after filing a proposal with local authorities.
Inter and bitter rivals Milan have a long-running lease on San Siro, though it is in need of significant regeneration.
However, Sala said he wants to see the two teams remain at their current ground – which is owned by the city of Milan and has offered them an alternative option.
Stadio San Siro
— UEFA Europa League (@EuropaLeague)
Right now, there are two possibilities on the table a [new] stadium in San Siro or a stadium in Sesto San Gi…
(GSM) Coventry City manager Chris Coleman has been fired after their 4-0 home defeat to Watford.
The Sky Blues finished 19th in the Championship this season, just three places above the relegation zone.
The decision to remove Coleman was taken at a board meeting on Monday night, the club confirmed, following the conclusion of the Championship season last weekend.
A statement released by the club as follows, “The board stressed that the decision was not a knee jerk reaction to Sunday s match but was made after assessing the last two years and reflected the fact that the team s form deteriorated rapidly towards the end of the season for the second year running.
Coventry chairman Ray Ranson said: It is true I enjoyed a very close working relationship wit…
Portsmouth s battle for survival in the Premier League switched from the pitch to the High Court on Wednesday as the cash-strapped club attempted to stave off a move by the UK tax authorities to have it placed in administration.
Having failed to reach an out-of-court accord with Her Majesty s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) over an outstanding Value Added Tax bill of 7.5 million pounds, Portsmouth s lawyers went to court to seek an adjournment of a hearing on a winding up petition presented by the tax body.
If they failed, Portsmouth faced becoming the first Premier League club to be placed in administration, a move that would lead to a nine-point penalty being imposed and effectively condemn Pompey to relegation from the top flight.
That is looking very likely in an…
Arrigo Sacchi says individual skills are given more importance than teamwork at Real Madrid and feels head coach Rafael Benitez must make compromises to avoid upsetting the squad s hierarchy.
Former AC Milan boss Sacchi served as director of football at the Liga giants from 2004 to 2005, offering him valuable insight into the workings behind the scenes at Santiago Bernabeu.
Benitez, approaching the half-way mark of his first campaign in charge, has guided Madrid to third in the table, five points behind reigning champions Barcelona.
The ex-Liverpool manager has also secured passage to the Champions League round of 16, with the 2013-14 winners drawn against Roma in the first knockout stage.
The club s notoriously demanding supporters appear unconvinced by …
Rolland Courbis has stepped down as Montpellier head coach after two years in charge of the Ligue 1 club.
The 62-year-old returned to Montpellier for a second spell in charge in 2013 and steered them away from relegation trouble by the end of the 2013-14 campaign.
Last season, under Courbis leadership, Montpellier finished seventh in the league, but they have struggled to replicate that form this term.
Montpellier failed to win any of their opening seven games and although their results have improved since mid-October – including a win over Lyon – Courbis has opted to leave the club during the mid-season break.
The Presidents Louis and Laurent Nicollin received today the resignation of Rolland Courbis, a club statement read.
Montpellier wi…
Leicester City will reportedly be in the market for a striker this summer, and one of the names that has attracted their attention, according to Fabrizio Romano, is Chelsea s Tammy Abraham.
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1383420206232473604
The first name that comes to mind when it comes to strikers at Leicester is, of course, Jamie Vardy, but at the age of 34, the experienced goalscorer has definitely entered his declining years. He started the season rather well, but a groin surgery which he underwent in January seems to have completely put him off. He has scored only once in 11 games since.
The Foxes are obviously searching for a fresh source of goals. They ve been linked with Celtic s Odsonne Edouard, but it seems Abraham s situation at Stamford B…
European Super League: Thierry Henry ´does not recognise´ Arsenal anymore after failed breakaway att
Thierry Henry has criticised Arsenal s owners for a lack of understanding over their involvement in the European Super League fiasco and says he no longer recognises the club.
Arsenal were one of 12 founding members of the breakaway competition announced last Sunday six of those from England which sparked widespread disapproval.
The Gunners withdrew their support 48 hours later, but protesting supporters gathered outside Emirates Stadium on Friday calling for owner Stan Kroenke to leave.
Henry, the club s all-time leading goalscorer with 228 goals, has followed his former boss Arsene Wenger in condemning the American-based owners for their part in the saga.
I do not recognise my club and what happened just now, with them trying to join a league that w…
Lionel Messi, Kaka and Wayne Rooney left their World Cup shooting boots at home, but David Villa and Miroslav Klose are on a hot streak of goalscoring form as the tournament reaches its climax.
Both men have been averaging almost a goal a game as they battle with Thomas Mueller and Wesley Sneijder for the coveted Golden Boot.
Not only that, but Villa and Klose have further records in their sights.
Germany s Klose chose his 100th appearance for Germany to claim his 13th and 14th goals at World Cup tournaments, the same tally as compatriot Gerd Mueller and one less than the all-time record held by Brazilian Ronaldo.
It is an astonishing turnaround for Klose, sent off in the second group game as Germany went down to Serbia.
At that point, it seemed …